I started out building websites for fun for friends and family, and well, I kind of fell in love with it. It's fun (albeit a bit nerdy) and I enjoy creating something that helps someone promote or share their business or talents. I am always learning new things and am currently honing in on my programming and graphic design skills. Check out some of my work here.
If you're building a website in popular site-builders like Wordpress, Wix or SquareSpace and you have got a little stuck halfway or bitten off more than you can chew then don't panic. I can finish the job for you - or I can just do it for you full stop! All websites I build will be responsive (a.k.a. mobile-friendly) and easy to update. I will provide you training on how to maintain your site once it's built or I will be happy to offer website maintenance as well. Below is an outline of my website build process:
- Information Gathering: Discuss the purpose of your site, content, goals and target audience.
- Planning: Decide which technologies to implement based on your needs (CMS, plugins, etc.) and develop a sitemap.
- Design: I will select a few templates and layouts that meet your needs and present them to you. Once a design is approved, I will build a wireframe for you to approve. Throughout this whole process, it is important to keep the customer in mind and the user-experience at the forefront of everything we do. Clean and simple websites that flow through the key messaging efficiently and offer clear call-to- actions generally have the best user experience.
- Development: Based on our discussions in the design phase, I will begin building the website. We will have constant communication during this phase and I will provide you access to the sample site so all desired changes can you made as we go.
- Testing and Delivery: During this phase, I will ensure that the website functions properly in all web browsers and devices. I will also ensure that all contact forms, plugins and scripts work correctly. This will also be the stage where we optimise to improve SEO and web visibility, install google analytics tracking code and any other necessary details. Once all of that is sorted, I will help you with your web hosting and domain and make the site live as visible to the public.
- Maintenance: Once the site is up and running, I am happy to walk you through the back-end of the site and teach you how to edit content or publish your own blog posts. Likewise, if you find tech-stuff intimidating, I am happy to provide website maintenance on an as-needed basis.
Disclaimer: I am not a programmer and don't pretend to be. If your website build is a project I am not capable of or is beyond my capacity, I will let you know and refer you to someone who is a better fit.
Website Content Management
If you have a great website but are finding you're simply too busy to add new content, update your existing copy and imagery, then I'm your gal. I've worked with most well-known content management systems (CMS) and I'm especially familiar with WordPress. I can also edit in HTML and CSS so don't worry, you're in safe hands.
For more information, please visit my content marketing page.
Google Analytics and Reporting
Information is power. That's why I'm a big fan of metrics. It's important to use analytics data to inform your ongoing strategy and understand what's working well and what's not. Knowing where your website visitors are coming from and what they are looking for on your site, will help you improve the customer experience and optimise your site for conversions. If you like I can take a peek under the hub at your analytics and give you some advice on what it all means. If you don't currently have analytics or aren't sure, I will set it up for you. I also enjoy giving personal, one-to-one training on how to use analytics so you can do this for yourself.
Beyond analytics, I am happy to assist with paid search advertising and search engine optimisation (SEO). For more information, please visit my digital marketing page.